Using Readers in Your Classroom
Date: Sunday, March 13th, 2005 Time: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Speaker: Janina Tubby
Whether you are teaching in university, high school, kid's school, business, conversation school or any other environment, introducing readers in your classroom and/or homework program not only helps your learners become better readers, it also encourages autonomous learning, a wider vocabulary and even helps improve fluency! This workshop will introduce techniques for using readers creatively in your classroom, and practical tips for setting up a reading program, purchasing readers and organizing a library with limited funds. Bring along your favorite readers and activities too! About the speaker: Janina Tubby teaches university students at Ryutsu Kagaku University and kids in her own school, EnglishDream. She has extensive experience as a teacher and teacher trainer and has used readers in classes with learners at conversation school, kid's school, university and in company programs.
Organization: ETJ Kobe (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Kobe)
Cost: 500 yen (includes light refreshments)
Venue: Takigawa Boy's Jr/Sr High School, 2-1-1 Hoden cho, Suma Ku Kobe. Sanyo or ChikatetsuI Itayado Station. 5 min walk, behind Daiei. Free parking available.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Kobe
Email QR Code: