The New TOEIC Test: Understanding and Overcoming the Challenges
Date: Saturday, January 27th, 2007 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Grant Trew
The TOEIC Test is the primary tool for assessing English proficiency in Japan. The change to the test format in May 2006 has significant implications both for students and educators, who will need both an understanding of the changes and appropriate preparation to deal with them.
This workshop aims to clarify the changes to the test, highlight the impact and implications for both test takers and teachers and present some approaches to overcoming the problems Japanese learners are likely to face. The presenter will give examples of the new format and use interactive tasks to highlight some of the key challenges test takers will face.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Venue: Kobe YMCA (2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe. tel: 078-241-7204)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: