Japan Intercultural Institute:
Intercultural Confidence Workshop
Date: Sunday, January 14th, 2007 Time: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Joseph Shaules
Having intercultural confidence means being comfortable in unknown situations and when communicating in a foreign language. Stress decreases communicative effectiveness. Feeling at ease allows you to take advantage of all of your communicative resources. In this workshop, participants will gain communicative confidence in a foreign language, learn to evaluate and mangage intercultural stress, practice cultural 'code switching,' and more. This workshop will be bilingual. Japanese participants will practice English communication skills while non-Japanese participants will practice Japanese communication skills. The goal is for participants to take full advantage of their communicative resources and to gain confidence when communicating across cultures. Activities will be fun, but challenging!
Organization: Japan Intercultural Institute
Cost: JII Members: 4000 yen (2000 yen for students)
Non-members: 9000 yen
Venue: Shirayuri College
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Japan Intercultural Institute
Email QR Code: