Second Kanto Junior and Senior High School Teaching Seminar
Date: Sunday, January 21st, 2007 Time: 9:45 AM - 5:45 PM
Speaker: John Letcher, Ivan Sorrentino, Nick Kendall, Roger Pattimore, Daniel Droukis, William Matheny, Chuck Sandy, Curtis Kelly and Martin Nuttall
Welcome to a full day of practical teaching advice by prominent researchers and materials writers. Topics include:
Improving listening skills - John Letcher
Speaking: What's wrong with my students' English? - Ivan Sorrentino
Professional development: Shape up into a first class teacher - Nick Kendall
Activites: Warm up activities for high school - Roger Pattimore
Activities: Asking and answering questions - Daniel Droukis
Plays: English on the stage rather than on the page - William Matheny
Projects: Simple projects to consolidate learning - Chuck Sandy
Writing: What research teaches us about teaching writing - Curtis Kelly
Testing: the KET and PET speaking tests - Martin Nuttall
To reserve a place, please e-mail your name, address, school, phone / fax to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organization: Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Tokyo JALT)
Venue: The British Council Tokyo Central map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: