Media and Foreign Image Building
Date: Sunday, January 21st, 2007 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Yasuhiro Inoue (Hiroshima City University)
How do we build and hold images of foreign countries? This presentation will explain the effects of media content on foreign image building by taking a Japan-US case as an example.
1. Media content: Necessarily biased.
2. Effects of the media on foreign image building.
3. Results of empirical studies.
4. Can we break stereotypes of foreign countries? (if time allows)
The second hour of the meeting is reserved for "My Share". Bring 10 copies of your favorite activities to share at the meeting.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Bluestone, 3-8 Hatchobori (5F above Poplar across the street from Cusco Cafe)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: