The ABC of Student Speaking
Date: Sunday, January 28th, 2007 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Catlin Evans, Brian Evans and Adam McCahon
The ABC team (Adam/Brian/Catlin) will explore the often problematic question of student speaking and suggest ways to increase the quantity and quality of student use of spoken language. Adam will focus on preschoolers to elementary students, Brian will focus on junior high and high school students and Catlin will discuss teaching conversation strategies to college students. The ideas presented can be adapted and used for language learners of all ages. The presentation would be of interest to all teachers of English who are trying to improve their students' English speaking skills.
Adam McCahon is a teacher at Prince Eibei Gakuin, an eikaiwa school in Morioka. He is particularly known for his skill with teaching preschoolers and young primaries.
Brian Evans is a 20 year veteran of high school teaching in Australia and has taught ESL in a variety of situations in Morioka for the past four years.
Catlin Evans teaches at Morioka Junior College.
Organization: Iwate-Aomori Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate-Aomori JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Mary's English Talk, 2-9-65 Kuroishino, Morioka; 019-663-3132
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate-Aomori JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: