Thinking Podcasting? Thing Again
Date: Sunday, September 21st, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: Alec McAuley
The hype in CALL has transferred from blogging and descended onto podcasting. However, teachers thinking of producing their own podcasts need to begin by addressing two issues: (a) the complexity involved in the undertaking, and (b) how to integrate a podcast into the syllabus. Adapting the guidelines by Harmer (2003), and Warschauer & Whittaker (2002), this presentation will outline ten principles guiding the process of creating a video podcast ynu5photos, available at www.ynu5photos.blogspot.com
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Ueda Chuo Kominkan, Ueda-shi
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code: