How to Carry on with Teaching English to Elementary School Children
Date: Sunday, July 27th, 2008 Time: 1:30 PM - 5:45 PM
Speaker: Keiichi Tsuruta, Hideki Sakai
Description: The day's schedule: Japanese language is mainly used.
12:30 - 1:30 Presentation of practical activities of teaching English to elementary school children, by Mr. Keiichi Tsuruta (Obuse-machi Kurigaoka Elementary School)
1:40 - 2:00 Discussion
2:00 - 4:30 Lecture & Workshop by Associate Professor Hideki Sakai
4:30 - 4:45 Q & A
As you know, Teaching English is to be introduced into the curriculum of elementary schools in 2011. We're sure you all have been preparing for it under the circumstances of English Notebook being distributed to each school next year, in 2009, so soon. However, since it is completely a new start, it is also a fact that some teachers have felt uneasy. This is why this seminar for teaching English to elementary school children is planned.
This seminar is free of charge. Anybody who is interested in it is highly welcome to attend. It will be held on the second floor in the library of the department of education of Shinshu University in Nagano-shi. This is a very good opportunity for all of you not only to get much practical information for teaching skills but also to know one another through carefree discussion, and to widen your network for this study.
The program is held by the three organizations: Matsumoto-shi Research Group of Education for International Understanding, Shinshu Chapter of NPO Japan Association of Language Teaching (JALT) (jalt.org/groups/Shinshu) and NPO The Society for Testing English Teaching Skills for Elementary School Children.
Contact Tatsuto Tagami at 0263-25-0090 for more information.
Organization: Shinshu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Shinshu JALT)
Venue: Shinshu University Education Faculty Library, 2F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Shinshu JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: