Stories that don't begin with 'Once upon a time'
Date: Saturday, September 20th, 2008 Time: 7:00 PM - 8:45 PM
Speaker: Bob Jones, REJ English House
Andrew Wright says, 'Go to any pub or party and you will hear a constant babble of stories. The whole world is full of storytellers.' In this presentation, we will look at some of the typical structural and lexical features of the type of stories that adults tell each other in conversation. We will then consider how we can make our students more aware of these features and how we can train them to become more fluent and effective as conversational storytellers.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Heartful Square (southeast section of Gifu JR Station), Gifu City, Gifu-ken
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: