The 2007 MEXT Program: Outsourcing In-Service Training; The 2007 MEXT Program: Participant Insights.
Date: Saturday, July 26th, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Melodie Cook, University of Nagasaki, Siebold; Yumiko Kose, Nagasaki Prefectural Uku High School.
For Nagasaki JALT's sixth meeting of the year, Melodie Cook will present initial findings from her research on Japanese junior and senior high school teachers of English who are sent to Canada by the Ministry of Education to receive language and pedagogical training. The presentation will focus on what kind of training participants receive and what they say they initially glean from their stay in Canada. Yumiko Kose will speak about her experiences in Canada focusing on her studies at two universities in Canada; she will talk about her experiences in language training and in pedagogical training, respectively. More information is at Nagasaki JALT's page and Nagasaki JALT's website.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F (this is the large white building next to Dejima Wharf and Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum; take #5 streetcar to Shiminbyoinmae stop, or take #1 streetcar to Dejima stop.)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: