Fostering Cultural Awareness in the Language Classroom
Date: Saturday, July 26th, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Heather Linville
Professor Linville, who has taught in Panama, Mexico, Indonesia and the USA, is currently serving as the Academic Director of the American English Language Center at the University of Maryland. In her workshop, she will share her insights and expertise with participants through interactive projects, reflective discussion and many useful materials which can be adapted for use in language classes of all levels.
Organization: Okinawa Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okinawa JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (students free)
Venue: Meio University Research Center, Nago, Okinawa
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okinawa JALT
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 098-895-8448
Mobile phone: 098-895-8304