Using Random Elements in the Language Classroom
Date: Sunday, September 7th, 2008 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Roehl Sybing
Roehl Sybing emphasizes the importance of random chance in the language classroom, where language learners strive to transition from student-teacher interdependency to autonomous acquisition of a second or foreign language. Language teachers seeking ways to ease this transition will learn how tools such as a deck of cards or a pair of dice are not only beneficial, but essential as regular and permanent features in all classroom activities.
Organization: Fukui Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukui JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Fukui Campus, the Open University of Japan, AOSSA 7th Floor, Lecture Room 1
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukui JALT
Email QR Code: