Interactive Blended Learning: The next generation of ELT
Date: Saturday, November 15th, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Borys Diakonow, Pearson Longman Japan
While published ELT materials will continue to dominate the language classroom, technology has undisputedly made significant inroads into collaborating with language education, resulting in "b-learning", or blended learning. This presentation will first bring you up to speed on what b-learning options have evolved over the past several years, and which are available in Japan, and then will focus on how to use b-learning to increase English practice outside of class, facilitate classroom management, provide continuous assessment, encourage autonomous learning, and support the integration of both language and technology skills. Please join us for our ninth meeting of the year.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 5F (this is the large white building next to Dejima Wharf and Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum; take #5 streetcar to Shiminbyoinmae stop, or take #1 streetcar to Dejima stop.)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: