Communicative Language Teaching (CLT) in ELT (English Language Teaching) in Vietnamese Schools: Reality and Solutions
Date: Sunday, November 9th, 2008 Time: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Tran Van Phuoc
This is a special scholar, who is speaking at the National JALT Conference in Tokyo. The research analyzes 5 aspects and 38 problems related to
(1) teachers' understanding of CLT in ELT and their actual performance in classroom;
(2) teachers' organization of teaching activities in class;
(3) existing textbooks and teaching-learning materials;
(4) teaching facilities;
(5) teachers' suggestions.
This presentation reaffirms the on-going application of CLT and presents the realistic solutions:
(1) re-understanding about the principles of CLT;
(2) a methodology appropriate to the Vietnamese context;
(3) an interlingual Vietnamese-English.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Hiroshima YMCA-Red Brick Building 1F, 7-11 Hatchobori, Naka-ku, Hiroshima
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: