Let's Make Beautiful Music Together: The Elements of Poetry in Music Lyrics
Date: Sunday, February 7th, 2010 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: David Kluge
What makes a song interesting? There are some hidden tools that song writers use, such as rhythm, rhyme, alliteration, consonance, and other elements to catch the listener's attention. The presenter will first explain each of the "tools," using examples from well-known songs. We will play with the language tools through some games. Then, in groups we will try our hand at writing our own lyrics to a song. Finally after a little bit of practice, the group will perform the "handmade" songs at the end of the session. No previous song writing experience is necessary!
Organization: Fukui Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukui JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Open University of Japan, Fukui Campus, AOSSA Bldg, 7th Floor
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukui JALT
Email QR Code: