The Intergration of English Language Education within Mainstream University Discipline-Area Study in Japan: A Case Study of 'Shimada' University and The Sociology Department
Date: Sunday, February 17th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Prof. Alan Brady, PhD, Kwansei Gakuin University
There will be two presentations today.
The intention of this study is to help those people involved in the teaching and research of ELE (English Language Education) at university in Japan to more clearly understand and value what is important to them regarding higher education ELE. The absence of integrated and interdisciplinary structures on the one hand, and a clear and consistent learning mission on the other hand may be the case with higher education ELE at certain institutions in Japan. The study is undertaken from the standpoint of one person who looks for possible solutions to problems of action within the environment in which he works.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen (for both of today's presentations)
Venue: Kobe YMCA 4F LETS (between JR Sannomiya and JR Shin-Kobe)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: