Group Building in the Classroom
Date: Sunday, May 31st, 2009 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Warren Decker
As teachers, how can we learn or at least use all of our students' names? • help our students feel comfortable with us and with each other? • encourage them to work together and help each other? This is a workshop for anyone interested in these questions. We will start with some simple name games, progressing through to increasingly challenging team work activities. The latter portion of the workshop is open for a discussion and idea exchange. This workshop will feature lots of active participation, so please wear comfortable clothing, and come prepared to share your favorite name learning and group building activities with everyone else. Come on down to Kyoto for a great afternoon of group building activities!
Warren Decker currently teaches at Momoyama Gakuin University in Osaka. Formerly he was in Sendai on the JET program where he taught at elementary, junior high, and special needs schools. After two years as an ALT, he became the Chief Educational Advisor in the Sendai City Board of Education, responsible for professional development of 70 ALTs. He has a Master's degree in English Education from the University of North Carolina. Outside of the classroom, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two children and exploring mountains.
Organization: Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kyoto JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Campus Plaza, Kyoto JR station map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyoto JALT
Email QR Code: