Temple University Japan:
TUJ Tokyo Distinguished Lecturer Series (Seminar 1): Interlanguage Pragmatics
Date: Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Rod Ellis
This seminar will investigate how language learners perform and acquire speech acts such as requests, apologies and refusals in a second language. It will examine research in these areas and the application of this research to the teaching of pragmatic competence. Participants will have the opportunity to work with samples of learner language to investigate interlanguage pragmatics.
The first three hours of each TUJ seminar (Saturday from 2 - 5 p.m.) are free and open to the public. TUJ TESOL alumni are welcome to attend the entire weekend without charge; the weekend auditing fee for others is 12,500 yen
Organization: Temple University Japan
Cost: TUJ Members: free for TUJ TESOL alumni
Non-members: the first three hours are free; weekend fee is 12,500 yen
Venue: Temple University Japan, Tokyo map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Temple University Japan
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-5441-9800