Teaching a Process Approach to Paragraph Writing
Date: Saturday, July 24th, 2010 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Peter Neff
Academic writing skills can be one of the most challenging yet rewarding skills to teach to EFL learners. This presentation will focus on ways to guide students through the stages of writing a clear, cohesive, and well-organized paragraph – knowledge which they can also utilize for later essay writing. Additionally, attention will be given to the background and attributes of the process approach as well as various methods of carrying out peer review activities. Real writing samples will be used to supplement the description.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Kibi International University Ekimae Campus, 2-5 Iwata-cho, Kita-ku, Okayama-City (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: