Communication Spotlight: Rationalizations and Developments
Date: Saturday, July 24th, 2010 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Alastair Graham-Marr
Over the past several years, the Communication Spotlight textbook series has been growing quickly in the Japanese EFL market, representing a break from some of the more standard texts. In this presentation, the author will share his experiences in the process of developing the textbook. He will elucidate some of the deeper reasons behind the choice of activities, and discuss some of the alternative ways that other teachers have been applying the text to positive effect. Finally, he will discuss how the text and his own teaching approach has changed through the development process, and talk about changes currently in the works. The discussion will conclude with questions and concerns regarding the text from the floor.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Fukuoka Jo Gakuin Satellite Campus, (9F), Tenjin 2-8-38, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: