English Education in Elementary Schools: New Challenges, New Ideas
Date: Sunday, February 27th, 2011 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Iain Campbell and Sendai ALTs
The February meeting will look closely at the state of English education in Japanese elementary schools. The Sendai Board of Education has always been a strong supporter of English education, but recent changes coming at a time of scarce economic resources are creating some creative, yet imperfect solutions. We will examine what the Ministry of Education is mandating; how the elementary schools are meeting these requirements; what materials are being used, and how the Sendai Board of Education is supporting its elementary schools and its teachers. Participants will have the opportunity to listen to representatives from the Sendai BoE and Sendai elementary schools. There will also be a discussion, and a chance for attendees to examine the materials, offer their opinions, and ask questions directly to those involved with this large undertaking.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Sendai, Miyagi, Venue TBA
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: