Publishing: Past, Present and Future
Date: Saturday, February 19th, 2011 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Steve King (Pearson Education)
How did educational publishing get to where it is today? What is the current state of educational publishing in terms of where authors, publishers, educators and students stand? How will this look in five, ten or fifteen years from now and what clues do we have today that can shape any predictions we can make about the future?
In this talk, the presenter will take a short tour through the history of how educational publishing has developed into the multi-billion dollar industry it is today and examine several case studies from the present that make up a snapshot of how this industry will grow and develop in the coming years.
The presenter also looks forward to fielding questions from the participants on any aspect of educational publishing they may have.
Bio: Steve King is the Market Research Manager for Pearson Education in the Asia Pacific and has worked in the field of educational publishing for eight years. Pearson Education is the world's largest educational publisher. He completed a post-graduate Diploma in Publishing Studies in 2008 from the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen and is a frequent speaker on publishing and ELT-related topics on the Asian ELT conference circuit.
Venue: Hakata Bus Terminal building, 9F, Hall 4 (map). Take the elevator (#4) beside the entrance to the bus terminal up to the 9th floor, the room is directly in front of you.
After-Meeting Party: After party: Vege Style Dining ARU, 9:00-11:00. set menu + nomihodai for 3,500 yen. The restaurant is located beneath the Shinkansen tracks at the Chikushi-guchi side of Hakata station, opposite Yodobashi Camera. Please sign up for the after party in advance, if possible. RSVP to Yoshie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Hakata Bus Terminal building, 9F, Hall 4. map. In front of Hakata JR and subway station.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: