Songs in the EFL Classroom - Beyond Cloze
Date: Sunday, February 17th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Robert Gee and Michael Furmanovsky
The presenters will offer ideas on how to exploit songs in an EFL context. Both presenters have had extensive experience with using songs which go well beyond the typical listening cloze exercises found in textbooks. You're welcome to share your ideas as well.
Michael Furmanovsky teaches at Ryukoku University and Robert Gee teaches at Sugiyama Jogakuen University.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center, lecture room #3, 4th floor
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526