Developing Fluency: Practical Suggestions for Modifying Discussion Activities
Date: Sunday, February 17th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: William Lawrenz, Osaka Jyogakuin Junior College
There will be two presentations today.
Discussion classes at Osaka Jyogakuin Junior College provide an excellent opportunity for students to expand their English speaking skills using a variety of new and challenging topics. Most TESOL teachers would agree that the first step toward developing greater fluency begins with practice. Repetition or recycling of material during class sessions is a key factor in helping students become familair with any new language items being presented. But how can instructors keep learner interest and motivation high while at the same time providing the necessary repetitions? This presentation explores practical techniques that can be applied to almost any lesson material to add variety, thus meeting the need for practice while keeping atudents actively engaged and interested.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen (for both of today's presentations)
Venue: Kobe YMCA 4F LETS (between JR Sannomiya and JR Shin-Kobe)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: