English Teaching Workshop:
English Teaching Workshop
Date: Saturday, November 26th, 2011 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Theme 1: Yoko Torimitsu (Cambridge ESOL); Themes 2 and 3: various speakers
13:30-14:00 Warm up: Brief self Introduction and ice breakers for the party season. Songs and Chants for getting together and opening class. During this session participants will do activities that can be used in their year-end parties. And then participants will sing songs that are good for mixed-age groups.
14:00-15:00 Theme 1: What is TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test)?
Speaker: Yoko Torimitsu of Cambridge ESOL
Ms. Torimutsu will talk about what TKT is and how it will help teachers of English. There will be a question and answer session at the end of her 60 min. talk. Please join if you are interested in studying how to teach English or studying for TKT. Attending this workshop doesn't necessary mean that you are going to study for or take TKT. Feel free to drop by and learn about TKT.
Theme 2: CLIL Workshop, Food
In this section, Yuco Kikuchi will share her students' favorite activities and talk about the projects her classes are working on. Participants will brainstorm and discuss how to develop lessons to meet the need of their own classes.
Theme 3: Activities and Picture Books for Winter Holidays
In this section of the workshop, we will share our favorite picture books and activities for children, JHS and SHS students.
Organization: English Teaching Workshop
Cost: English Teaching Workshop Members: 1,000 yen
Non-members: 1,500 yen
Venue: Shin-koiwa Chiku Center (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact English Teaching Workshop
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464