More Learning with Less Teaching
Date: Sunday, November 27th, 2011 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Charles Adamson
What is a teacher's most effective role in the classroom? Although the answer is complicated and many faceted, this presentation will address the question by describing various classes in which the teacher did not "teach" in the traditional sense and then evaluating the outcomes, compared to control classes where possible. The commonalities in these classes will be analyzed and used to develop principles and suggestions for improving language learning by not-teaching. In addition some frequent objections to non-teaching will be discussed. The presentation will be followed by a general discussion.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students and first-timers)
Venue: Shimi-sapo 4th floor, Room 5, Sendai
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: