Turning Them On: Ideas on creating a classroom in which everyone is fully engaged
Date: Saturday, December 15th, 2012 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Jason Lowes
Change of speaker
Please note that this event's details have been changed.
Just being physically present isnít enough. For students to maximally benefit from classes, they have to be there cognitively and emotionally as well. As teachers we all know this, yet how best to facilitate heightened student engagement is not always apparent. In this presentation, we will explore ideas from flow theory and neuro-education to try and determine what teachers could do to help each student be optimally tuned in to their studies.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University at Logos Hall
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: