(1) About Face: Validity, reliability, and Japanese Entrance Examinations; (2) How to get published in JALT publications
Date: Saturday, December 1st, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Melodie Cook (University of Niigata prefecture, editor of JALT journal)
The first presentation is on part of a Japan-wide study on tertiary-level expatriate teachers of English beliefs about and participation in entrance examination creation. This particular presentation focuses on how expatriate English-teaching faculty see or do not see evidence of test validity or reliability in their entrance examinations and what other considerations seem to have primacy instead.
The second presentation is to help mainly novice researchers get published in JALT publications. In this presentation, participants will learn about the differences among the three main publishing venues, and will be offered advice that will help them be successful in choosing the best venue depending on where they are in their careers as writers and researchers. Participants are invited to bring samples of work in progress to be viewed by the presenter.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (students free)
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 2-11- 4F Dejimamachi
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: