Process and Thought: Two Articles that have Shaped EFL Writing Instruction, and Stories for the Heart
Date: Sunday, September 29th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Curtis Kelly, Heian Women's University
There will be two presentations today, both by Curtis Kelly, Heian Women's University.
- Process and Thought: Two Articles that have Shaped EFL Writing Instruction:
Two paradigm-shaping articles have shaped the field of EFL writing instruction. One article introduced the concept of process, while the other defined contrastive rhetoric. Curtis Kelly will discuss the fascinating theories these articles have spawned, discuss how English and Japanese are organized differently, and give suggestions for how to teach organizations in class.
- Stories for the Heart:
Stories are magic.They are more comprehensive than any other format, and they touch the learners' hearts. To understand the secret of their power we have to examine how our brains have evolved and the theory from psychology of "moral development." The presenter will discuss these theories and give you five heart-warming stories to try out in your own college or high school English classes.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen (for both of today's presentations)
Venue: Kobe YMCA 4F LETS (between JR Sannomiya and JR Shin-Kobe)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: