Task-Supported Language Teaching: Factors for communication and grammar use
Date: Saturday, March 8th, 2014 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Colin Thompson
This presentation looks at different ways tasks can be used in classrooms to improve L2 speaking in terms of fluency, accuracy and complexity. The talk first discusses what fluency, accuracy and complexity are, how they can be measured, and issues relating to them as aspects of L2 speech proficiency. Different methodologies for using oral tasks are then examined by comparing task-based language teaching with task-supported language teaching. Finally, examples are provided to show how narrative tasks can be designed and sequenced to elicit learners' use of grammatical structures involving relative clauses.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Wel Tobata, Tobata (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: