Practical and Unique Ideas for Student Engagement and Classroom Management.
Date: Saturday, March 22nd, 2014 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Howard Higa (Chubu Gakuin University)
This presentation will focus on generating and harnessing student engagement and motivation, covering aspects of developing creative lessons, keeping students accountable, classroom management, utilizing simple technology, etc. Dr. Higa's university students tend to be actively engaged for a full 90 minutes, week after week. He has almost never had a student sleep or use a keitai in his classes. And most of them learn to like English. "From my humble journey to yours - I hope to provide lots of food for thought."
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen, first time free
Venue: JR Gifu Station, Heartful Square
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: