From Motivation to Emotivation
Date: Sunday, June 1st, 2014 Time: 2:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Liliana Landolfi (University of Naples, Italy)
We are very fortunate to be able to host Dr. Liliana Landolfi of the University of Naples, Italy, during her visit to Japan. She will be speaking about the role of emotions in second-language learning, the power of fears in blocking acquisition and the need to solve blocking issues for successful results. These topics relate to her current research. Before this recent area of investigation, however, she was intrigued by the major role that L2 teachers have at elementary level. She has worked on a number of aspects related to teacher-training and material development with a special focus on what Italians call "pedagogia ludica" which means learning while playing (songs, short dramas, puppetry and masks, etc.). She has also dedicated years to the facilitation of the writing process with L2 young learners. Please join us for what is sure to be a most interesting and "emotivating" afternoon. Dinner party afterwards at a nearby restaurant.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Osaka Municipal Lifelong Learning Center, Umeda Ekimae Dai-2 Building, 5F (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: