Dictation and internet media: Activities integrating old and new
Date: Saturday, October 18th, 2014 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Mark Rebuck (Meijo University)
This workshop will introduce several variations on "standard dictation," focusing in particular on combining dictation with talk-radio audio clips and YouTube videos. The presenter will introduce examples of such dictation-authentic media activities from both general English and EMP (English for Medical Purposes) classes.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (first time free)
Venue: JR Gifu Station, Heartful Square, 2F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: