ETJ Tokyo Workshop on Teaching Children
Date: Sunday, September 13th, 2015 Time: 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Marco Brazil
The science of teaching involves your teaching skills and knowledge you have about your students. The art of teaching lies in your creativity and the personal touch that you bring to the job. In this workshop, apart from Multiple Intelligences (Howard Gardner), Marco will share with you his inputs on how children learn. He will demonstrate to you why an active learning approach works better than the traditional method of listen-and-repeat. He will also speak on the whole language approach to teaching but will focus on using developmentally appropriate activities that integrate listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Come with your singing voice and be ready to move!
Marco Brazil has been teaching English to children for over eighteen years and is fondly known as the King of Games.
Organization: ETJ Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Tokyo)
Venue: 22F, Shinagawa Intercity Tower A, 2-15-1 Konan, Minato-ku, 3 min walk from Konan Exit of Shinagawa Sta (Yamanote Line, Keihin Kyuko Line; map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Tokyo
Email QR Code: