Analising Classroom Talk
Date: Sunday, June 23rd, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: John Adamson
In this presentation, Dr. John Adamson will look first at the nature of spoken discourse analysis and then at a particular method of analysis, IRF (Initiation - Response - Feedback). Finally, ways in which teachers can use discourse analysis to reflect upon and improve their own classroom communication wil be addresed.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: M-Wing- Matsumoto Chuo Kominkan in Matsumoto
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code: