Fluency vs. Accuracy: The Headway Approach
Date: Sunday, September 29th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Oliver Bayley, Oxford University Press
Having a good range of techniques for getting students to speak out in class is essential for the successful development of both fluency and accuracy. Motivating content and giving students the right things to talk about is also important. This workshop will address the issue of fluency vs. accuracy and will offer practical techniques and general activities for adult and young-adult students that can be put to immediate use in the classroom. Participants will also receive samples of Oxford's popular, new adult course American Headway. There will be a full display of Oxford University Press materials and free sample copies available. About the speaker: Oliver Bayley has lived and worked in Japan for over 7 years. Currently the ELT Sales Manager for Oxford University Press Japan, he spent 3 years living and teaching in Kyoto and has worked with all levels and ages of students.
Organization: Kanazawa Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kanazawa JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free - sponsored by OUP
Venue: Shakai Kyoiku Center, Honda Machi, Kanazawa
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.