How to Develop Learner Autonomy Based on Shadowing and Extensive Reading
Date: Sunday, July 27th, 2003 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Takayuki Yoshizawa
The speaker's first concern is how to motivate the students to become active and autonomous learners capable of learning on their own by activating their knowledge and interests outside the classroom than relegate them to the position of passive recipients of language materials solely given by the teacher. In view of this, Yoshizawa will introduce what he has done for several years (shadowing for communication and extensive reading) in his classroom.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Joinus in Akita City near Senshu Park
Location: Akita City, Akita Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562