Using Tall Tales as a Learner Resource
Date: Saturday, July 8th, 2006 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Brian Caspino
This workshop will provide participants with practical applications for storytelling activities within the genre of tall tales. The first half of the meeting will involve the reading of tall tales. The latter half will provide participants with the opportunity to practice the art of spinning a yarn (telling tall tales). In addition, participants will work to identify practical and useful storytelling activities for learners. The presenter will also provide anecdotal evidence regarding the role that storytelling has played in the motivation of his students.
Brian K. Caspino is a lecturer at Himeji Dokkyo University as well as heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Hawaii, a professional skateboarder, a liver surgeon, a 15th degree black belt in judo, five-time NBA rookie of the year (led the NBA in assists, points scored and broken backboards (1983 to 1988)), six-time WBC/WBA Cruiserweight Champion of the World, Metallica roadie, Keanu Reeves stunt double, and part-time guardian of the holy grail.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA (2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe. tel: 078-241-7204)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: