ESP - Adapting a US High School Science Textbook for the Classroom
Date: Saturday, July 22nd, 2006 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Stephen Shucart
This is a talk on how Shucart adapted a high school science textbook for the language classroom based on Neal Anderson's Active Reading series. This talk is a follow-up on his original presentation, which was given before the classes had actually begun. This talk presents the students' reactions to the classes, plus improvements that have been added, including listening to science essays on an iPod nano.
Stephen Shucart has been Associate Professor of English at Akita Prefectural University, Honjo campus for the last 7 years.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen for non-members, 500 yen for students
Venue: Room B103 at AIU (Akita International University)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562