Group-Building in the Classroom
Date: Sunday, July 9th, 2006 Time: 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Warren Decker
As teachers, how can we learn or at least use all of our students' names? How can we help our students feel comfortable with us and with each other? How can we encourage them to work together and help each other?
This is a workshop for anyone interested in these questions. We will start with some simple classroom name games, progressing through to increasingly challenging team work activities. The latter portion of the workshop is open for a discussion and idea exchange.
This workshop will feature lots of active participation, so please wear comfortable clothing, and come prepared to share your favorite name learning and group-building activities with everyone else.
Room 1-B: Izumi Lifelong Learning Center.
Come out of Izumi-chuo station, go up the escalator and turn left. Walk along the elevated walkway until you see Seattle's Best Coffee on your right. Room 1-B is on the third floor of the futuristic looking glass building.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Venue: Room 1-B: Izumi Lifelong Learning Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: