From Visitor to Resident - How you can set down roots in Japan
Date: Friday, March 28th, 2008 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Arudou Debito
Been in Japan for awhile? Planning to stay longer, even indefinitely? You owe it to yourself to know a few things about how to make your life easier over here--from getting the right visa to getting a better job, from dealing with family issues to dealing with employment issues, from living a quiet life to being an agent for social change. Arudou Debito, activist and author of book Japanese Only (Akashi Shoten 2004, 2006), will be presenting from his new co-authored book, Handbook for Immigrants to Japan (Akashi Shoten Inc. 2008). Learn how to make the best of life over here, from port of entry all the way through funeral arrangements. (See table of contents and synopsis of the book)
The presentation will be followed by a lengthy Q&A session so you can raise other issues of your choice as well. Debito's website may be found at www.debito.org.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kobe International House (Kokusai Kaikan), Gokodori 8-1-6, Chuo-ku, Kobe 651-0087. Tel: 078-231-8161
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: