Read a book, Sing a song, Come and play with us
Date: Saturday, March 22nd, 2008 Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Mayuka Habbick, Naoko McLellan
Children learn through experience. Understanding the learning process is important in teaching English to young learners. In this workshop, the presenters will share fun ideas to expand activities through stories and songs. Children have a huge capacity to accept what is given. They are imaginative and creative and they accept through their whole being. For children, activities should be FUN, but there must be a PURPOSE to do them. In the presentation, the participants will once again become children, and they will be experiencing some of simple and fun activities. Then, they will be speculated and at last expressed in many different ways. As adults, we tend to think before we feel what we experience. But, to deal with children, it is important to have the same view as the children. With the understanding of the concept of how children learn, traditional activities to sensuous activities for all ages will become meaningful and full of learning.
Organization: Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kyoto JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kyoto Kyoiku Bunka Center, 4-13 Kawahara-cho Shogo-in Sakyo-ku
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyoto JALT
Email QR Code: