Drawing on Japanese Children's Daily Lives
Date: Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Laura Blefgen-Togashi
This workshop will demonstrate how teachers can use elements of the children's surrounding environment and their daily lives to create lessons that are both meaningful and relevant. By focusing and drawing on the lessons of "The Four Seasons" and "The Weather", many activities which are highly motivating, stimulating and require active student involvement will be introduced. These practical ideas are suitable and adaptable for all classroom learning situations.
Organization: ETJ Saitama (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Saitama)
Cost: ETJ Members: 1000 yen
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sakuragi Kominkan, Shino-Omiya Center Plaza 5F, 1-10-18 Sakuragi-cho Omiya-ku Saitama-shi, 5 minutes' walk from Omiya Station, West Exit
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Saitama
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4452-7800