SCBWI Tokyo Translation Day 2010: Bringing Japanese Children's Books to the World
Date: Saturday, June 12th, 2010 Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Arthur Binard, Cathy Hirano, Cheryl Klein, Akiko Beppu, Rei Uemura, Tokuma Shoten, and Yurika Yoshida
A day of presentations, critiques, and conversation for published and pre-published translators of Japanese children's literature (picture books through young adult) into English. Presenters include translators Arthur Binard and Cathy Hirano; Cheryl Klein, Senior Editor, Arthur A. Levine Books (Scholastic Inc.); Akiko Beppu, Editorial Director, Kaisei-sha; Rei Uemura, Editor-in-Chief of Children's Books, Tokuma Shoten; and Yurika Yoshida, President and CEO of Japan Foreign-Rights Centre. For a detailed schedule and speaker bios visit www.scbwi.jp
Organization: The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) Japan (SCBWI)
Cost: SCBWI Members: 3,000 yen in advance, 4,000 yen at the door
Non-members: 4,000 yen in advance, 5,000 yen at the door
Venue: Yokohama International School, in the Loft, 2F Pauli Bldg.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 0467-31-6908