Society of Writers, Editors and Translators:
Writing From the Crucible of Culture
Date: Thursday, June 17th, 2010 Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Rebecca Otowa
Writer, illustrator, teacher, and long-time resident of a rural village in Shiga Prefecture, Rebecca Otowa is author of the recently published At Home in Japan. Drawing on her experience of assimilating into an old rural family, she recounts how writing and drawing mirrored her inner journey, helped clarify relationships between self and other in her life, and focused her observations. Otowa will also touch on the ways she cultivates her English muse.
For further information, please write to email@example.com; for a map to the site, see the SWET website events page.
Organization: Society of Writers, Editors and Translators
Cost: SWET Members: 1,000 yen SWET, JAT, and SCBWI members
Non-members: 2,000 yen
Venue: Wesley Center (6-10-7 Minami Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Society of Writers, Editors and Translators
Email QR Code: