Enjoy English: A daily 10 minute DVD programme for elementary schools in Tamana, Kumamoto
Date: Saturday, February 13th, 2016 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Claire Sezaki (Sunshine English School, Tamana)
Piloted in one school in 2014, the DVD was rolled out to all Elementary Schools in Tamana In April 2015. Enjoy English uses videos from Elf Learning and Maple Leaf Learning as well as skits and quizzes designed and produced by the Board of Education. The project is proving to be very popular with the younger students but is still in its infancy. Claire Sezaki will share a 10 minute lesson, and summarize the advantages and disadvantages of such a programme. She will then ask for feedback and ideas for improving the programme.
Organization: NanKyu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (NanKyu JALT)
Venue: Kumamoto Gakuen University, English Lounge (Building 1, 1F; map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact NanKyu JALT
Email QR Code: