Open Workshop on Effective Vocabulary Teaching and Learning Strategies for English Language Learners
Date: Saturday, February 13th, 2016 Time: 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Yilin Sun (South Seattle College)
This interactive session will share several vocabulary teaching/learning strategies based on the recent development in research and teaching practice. The purpose of vocabulary learning includes both learning the words and the ability to use them automatically in a wide range of language contexts when the need arises (Folse, 2005, 2011, Carter & McCarthy, 1988, Nation, 2001, 2011). Vocabulary learning strategies, therefore, should include strategies for using as well as knowing a word. The presenter will engage participants in activities that will facilitate metacognitive strategies as well as application strategies. Handouts provided.
Venue: University of Electro-Communications, Chofu Tokyo, Building New C-103 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by: