Session A: Making Students Active Readers; Session B: Self-Assessment in the EFL Classroom
Date: Sunday, July 14th, 2019 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Yoko Takano, Steve Charles, Jane Hislop
Session A: While reading and teaching reading can be a challenge for teachers and students, reading is an important component of learning a foreign language. Yoko will present techniques she uses to teach reading. These techniques include speed-reading and vocabulary games and are sure to become useful additions to any language classroom.
Session B: Teaching students how to evaluate their own work helps them to reflect on their output and then improve future work. Self-assessment puts students into a teacher-like role and serves to increase learner autonomy and perspective. Jane and Steven will present their current research and demonstrate how you can incorporate self-assessment in your classroom.
Organization: ETJ Aichi (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Aichi)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center 4th floor, room 3
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Aichi
Email QR Code: