Active English, A Practical Approach to English Teaching: Why-How-Try!
Date: Saturday, July 12th, 2003 Time: 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Speaker: Stephen Culhane, Kagoshima University
- Goals for teachers and learners;
- Current approaches in Second Language Acquisition.
- Practical methods for everyday classroom teaching:
- Evaluation of active learners.
- Try the methods, talk with each other...
- try them again..
Communicative language teaching is more than 25 years old. Yet, many instructors are still searching for practical techniques to make their lessons active and communicative. One reason is because teachers learn from watching other teachers. But, if few or no other teachers are using a communicative approach, we have no models to learn from. This workshop provides teachers with simple methods for making their English lessons truly active and communicative. Workshop participants can become their own models for current teaching methods.
Organization: Kagoshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kagoshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 800 yen
Venue: Jellybeans Kousha Building 1-4F, near Shinysahiki Tram Stop
Location: Kagoshima City, Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kagoshima JALT