Your Rapport was Great, But...
Date: Wednesday, August 27th, 2003 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: John F. Fanselow
Discussions of teaching usually involve judgments. During the workshop, we will develop ways to look at our teaching practices in non-judgmental ways by analyzing transcribed exchanges from tape recordings of classes. As we analyze the transcripts, we will learn new ways to discuss our teaching practices and new ways to generate alternative practices. In medicine, literature, and many other professions, analysis of data is the norm rather than judgments about practices. The guest speaker is Professor Emeritus of Columbia University and now heads International Pacific College, in New Zealand.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Joinus in Akita City near Senshu Park
Location: Akita City, Akita Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562